Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What I'm Reading

Currently reading: Waiting to Surface by Emily Listfield
I picked this up at the library on the strength of this blurb:
"...Detective Ronald Brook, speaking softly and deliberately, tells Sarah that her husband has vanished...A noted sculptor, Todd Larkin went swimming at midnight off the coast of Florida and hasn't returned. He was staying with a woman. He was drinking. He left behind his keys, wallet, cell phone, and his return airline ticket...there is no trace of him or his body...Has Todd run off to start a new life or is he dead? Could it have been an accident, suicide, or homicide?..."

I am nearly finished this and it is disappointing me. I'm just not into it! The character isn't real to me and the world created (inside the editorial department of a glossy women's mag) is too cliche for me. Not sure if I'll write a review.

On the "To Be Read" pile: Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
This is the first in the Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge and I'm really looking forward to it!
You can join me in the challenge, just click here.

On reserve at my local library: Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
You guessed it - the second book in the series!
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
I wasn't sure about this one, but a couple of reviews have convinced me to give it a go.
The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
This is another book that a blog review has convinced me to try.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...